With Olympia Benefits, we understand that sometimes unexpected medical costs occur that go beyond the annual preset benefit limit. When this happens to one of your employees, you as the Benefit Coordinator have the ability to provide a one time limit increase directly through your online account.
This one time increase is meant to cover a specific medical expense such as unexpected dental for the employee or their dependent. This is a specific amount that is added on top of the employee's annual limit and is to be used within that plan year. When providing an one time increase, you and the employee must know the date of the expense, as that will be the effective date of the increase.
To add a one time increase to one of your employee's, follow the below steps:
Log into your MyOlympia account under your Benefit Coordinator ID
1. Click on Manage
2. Click on Manage Employees
3. Select the employee that you wish to provide with the one time change
4. Click on the One Time Limit Increase button
5. Enter the amount of the increase, reason and effective date of the increase. Note, you can back date and future date the increase. Then click on Review Changes.
6. Click Okay
7. Review Changes and click Submit Changes
8. Once you have submitted the increase, you will see this pop up
If the increase was future dated, you can see the pending increase by clicking on View Pending Changes.
Note - if the increase is $15,000 or higher, you will be guided to complete the manual limit increase form and send it to us to process in our office.